3 Tools for Effective Employee Recruitment
Acquiring talent is a process just like any other in your company. The entire recruitment process is a sometimes long and arduous one, and therefore it is a magnet for shortcuts and rushing. Don’t give into the temptation to save a few hours of time and end up with bad candidates that cost your company thousands in the long run.
Tools You Must Utilize When Recruiting
Every recruitment effort should utilize the following three tools as the first three steps in the process:
1. Job Profile: Completely define the position as the very first step in the recruitment process. Use the job profile to identify and communicate the job description, key performance indicators, accountabilities, detailed reporting structure, internal and external customers, required competencies, critical success factors, and key process ownership.
2. Advertisement: Posting a position is supposed to attract the candidate’s attention over all the others, qualify appropriate candidates, and screen out bad ones. It is important to know where the most success is happening for the type of position and level of person you want to recruit.
3. Assessments: Employee assessment tools are an important component in your overall hiring process because it is an objective rather than subjective measurement tool. While they do not provide you will all the information you need, they do provide you with critical information you cannot get from an interview and can increase your likelihood of making a better decision. By using an objective tool, you can compensate for subjective techniques such as interviewing questions where question and answering can vary greatly and leave a lot of room for variation in opinions, different interpretation, inconsistency in application, and more chances for you to make mistakes in the process. We have found that proper application of assessment tools can help you:
- Save a huge amount of time.
- Level the playing field on resumes.
- Reduce some human errors.
- Improve the number of qualified candidates.
- Increase the quality of candidates that make it to interviewing stage.
Have you tried recruiting without using these three tools? What was the outcome?
Call Howard Shore for a FREE consultation at (877) 692-6211 to see how an executive business coach can help you run a more effective business or become a more effective leader.