10 Questions to Ask Yourself Regularly
After spending time with many business leaders, I’ve learned that knowing your industry, finding investment capital, and hiring good people is not enough to succeed. There are many keys to success, but one in intelligent introspection—asking the right questions. Asking and answering the right questions on a regular basis optimizes your business by ensuring that your answers are still relevant. As we enter a new year, this is a perfect time to ask those questions to make sure that we have the right foundation for success.
- Why does anyone need what we are selling?
- Who are our ideal customers?
- What is our strategy for winning our ideal customers?
- Are we increasing our market share?
- What are our competitors up to?
- What key capabilities need to be addressed in the next 3 to 5 years to stay ahead of our competition?
- What are the key initiatives that must be accomplished for financial soundness of the company while driving toward the long-term goals of the company?
- Have we filled all the key necessary positions?
- Do we have enough people to deliver the revenue and profits we want this year?
- Are we leaning on our employees too hard?
Do you periodically check in on your company with this type of questioning?
Howard Shore is a business growth expert who works with companies that want to maximize their growth potential by improving strategy, enhancing their knowledge, and improving motivation. To learn more about him or his firm please visit his website at activategroupinc.com or contact Howard Shore at (305) 722-7216 or email him.