Acquiring talent is an enormous process just like any other in your company. To attract and retain high-performing talent, you must first evaluate your talent acquisition process to ensure successful identification and qualification of the right candidates.
Our employee selection process is designed to hit the key areas that we have found to be invaluable in building the best workforce for any company. When you engage AGI to assist you in building an effective employee selection process for your company, not only does it include our online suite of employee assessment tools, but it includes training your recruitment staff to maximize their skills in the following areas:
- Writing an accurate position profile. Define the position profile by clearly describing the:
- Position description
- Key performance indicators
- Key success factors
- Reporting structure
- Internal and external customers
- Required competencies and strength level required at each
- Processes owned
- Strategy map
- Creating an effective job advertisement. Learn how to write and post a position that attracts the attention of qualified candidates and screens out bad ones.
- How to correctly use employee assessments. Employee assessment tools are not “one size fits all”. Discover which assessments are the best for sales and which are best for other positions.
- Effective phone screening tactics. The purpose of phone screening is to identify the best candidates. Learn the key questions to ask that will keep phone screenings under 10 minutes and still qualify applicants for interview.
- How to conduct the first interview. Discover how to do the interview right the first time and avoid slowing down the process with multiple, unnecessary interviews. Learn why and how to conduct tandem interviews with key stakeholders and how to apply TopGrading techniques to identify the best talent for the open position.
- The importance of the second interview. For this interview you will want to use the right tactics to sell the position, answer the candidate’s questions, and get key follow-up questions answered.
- Create the right compensation plan. Master compensation plan strategies by creating plans that compensate employees relative to their contributions.
- How to conduct reference checks. Learn how to validate the critical information collected during the interview that caused the desire to hire the applicant.
- Why you NEED to do background checks.
- Outline your 90-day on-board routine. Many new employees leave within the first 6 months of employment and the root cause is a failure to bring them on properly. Learn how to create a solid on-board program that sets the new employee up for long-term success.
Ready to explore AGI’s employee selection process even further? Contact us today!