Leadership Coach & Business Strategist
Activate Group founder Howard Shore has active interest and ownership in multiple businesses. He is one of the country’s premier business coaches and a sales force development expert who has helped hundreds of executives and teams to improve business performance. He has held various leadership positions including CEO, and has a more than 25-year track record of exceptional results in multinational, public and private companies, across many industries and businesses that range from start-up to Fortune 500, and held positions in Ryder Systems, AutoNation and KPMG Peat Marwick.
In addition to his success as management consultant, coach and leadership trainer, Howard’s accomplishments include:
- Bought, built and sold his business for 5x return-on-investment by age 21.
- Grew Ryder Public Transportation Division from $400M to $600M—it sold for $1B at a price multiple of 8.6x EBITDA.
- Created over $350M in profit opportunity through his strategic and business planning at Ryder Strategy Council.
- Managed strategic initiative for AutoNation that involved $2B in inventory. His team developed and implemented organization-wide best practices that helped reduce supply from 99 to 60 days in a very short time-frame.
- Led Equiflor Corporation out of sales stall point, which resulted in a Greater Miami Chamber Cutting Edge Award and significant improvements in profitability during a difficult industry cycle.
Howard is a Certified Business Coach, Certified Behavioral Analyst, Certified Values Analyst, Certified Attributes Index Analyst, Certified Gazelles Coach, and Certified Public Accountant, and an expert sales trainer. He has earned Bachelor and MBA degrees from Florida International University, and completed advanced executive programs at Harvard Law School and the University of Chicago.
In the community, Howard is on the Gazelles International Coaching Association, FIU Alumni Association, and is involved with the Entrepreneurs Organization.